It’s hard to believe we leave for Kenya in less than three days!
We’re excited, nervous, a bit tired from packing but are looking forward to what God has in store for us in Kijabe.
Our flight leaves DFW at 6:45pm on August 6. We land at London Heathrow the following morning and have about an hour before our flight to Nairobi. We will then spend a week being oriented in Nairobi before moving to Kijabe. Pray that this time of orientation is fruitful and restful. 🙂
The last week has been busy but good. We’ve had time to hang out with friends and family and spend some downtime relaxing. Our home church, MacArthur Blvd Baptist Church, allowed us some time this past Wednesday evening to share and spent time praying for us. We are blessed to be a part of this body of Christ.
As we sit here trying to decide what to write, the reality of how much we will miss family and friends is becoming almost tangible. There will no doubt be many tears shed this coming Tuesday but we leave knowing that God has taken us to this point. We trust fully in His care and His guidance.
We will be discontinuing cell phone service after Sunday. Please give us a call on our magicJack line (817-264-3852) or drop us an email. Once we arrive in Kenya, we will forward additional contact information.
Please continue to pray:
- For these last few days with family and friends as we say our good-byes
- That we wrap up packing soon
- That our work permit applications will process quickly
- For travel mercies and a smooth transition into Kenya
- For open hearts to ministry opportunities and for those with whom we will come into contact in Kenya
- For additional monthly support – see http://www.mcalhaney.com/giving for details
- That we will reflect Christ’s love in our words and deeds
Tim, Maureen, Luke & Kate